Thursday, August 5, 2010

A Little Fish Swimming in a Big Pond

Tomorrow is the Farmer's Market. I've committed The Lily Pad Shop to be there all 8 weeks. It's every Friday for Two months. The night before finds me trying to get everything done in time. What has surprised me the most isn't how much I wasn't able to get done or what I can yet do but rather what I am feeling. I feel like a little girl still playing dress up in her mom's closet but wanting to be grown up.

This is funny to me! Just a few days ago I watched my little girl playing in my clothes all day, yet here I am feeling small. Nervous and scared I'm jumping in with both feet.

To be truthful I am excited as well. I have never counted my sewing and creativity a talent. I have always assumed everyone else can do it too. Perhaps that's why I feel so small today. Even so, I look forward to tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck today! Maybe once you get the first day over with, the next 7 weeks will be a little bit easier. I am planning on coming down to see your booth in a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!! Thanks Cait! It went well...and you are right, it will be easier next week. It did go well. It will be better next week too :)

    ReplyDelete