Friday, July 30, 2010

Follow your Dreams


I first had the idea for The Lily Pad Shop in college. I was attending BYU at the time and had little money for gifts for the weddings of my friends. I began making my own cards and gifts to help reduce the expense.

Several years later I was married with a small one at home and struggling to find a creative outlet. My husband wanted to buy me a sewing machine. It had been a while since I sewed. My "Lily Pad Shop" was brought back to life. I began making gifts again. I felt the joy again that comes from creating.

This new adventure of business ownership is exciting and sometimes exhausting. But following your dreams often is. Never give up on those dreams that you hold dear. It may take some time before you see them come to fruition, but if it is worth it to you, it is worth it keep pursuing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment