Monday, January 18, 2010

Aprons

I remember being a little girl in my mother's kitchen. I wanted to help make cake and pizza. I even wanted to help make bread (on occasion). In my own little world I wasn't official until I was wearing an apron. I always thought they were part of a real world dress-up game. Like going to church in your Sunday best, wearing aprons in the kitchen was another way for me to be part of the adult world.

Now that I am older I realize that aprons are actually a tool of the trade. Not just in kitchens but in hair salons and crafting studios. Even the best BBQ-er is seen wearing an apron.

1 comment:

  1. When do we get to see the pictures of aprons you've made? Are they going to be adult ones or baby ones like for Sophie and Macy? How cute!!! I honestly don't wear an apron in the kitchen myself because I get so hot, but I would L-O-V-E to have an apron for Macy with like a little chef hat or something!! Oh I'm getting excited just thinking about it!! Someday in a far away land and time I WILL buy a Pottery Barn Kids kitchen- the pink retro one, in case you were wondering- and Macy will really need and apron in that kitchen, believe me. =)

    ReplyDelete